Wednesday 4 May 2016

Year 8 Camp Highlight

Last Term the year 8’s went to Marsden Point for our leadership camp. Going to Marsden Point taught us more leaderships skills that we knew so we took those skills into action, by looking after the little kids and working together as a team. We also had some cool activity also.


The Activities were Push play,fire pit,Waterside,flying-fox,Angel Art,Archery,Kayaking, But all of the groups could only do four activities each. My team was called North Beach and our first activity was Angel art. At Angel Art we got to relax and draw some photos that would be showed at school. My drawing was drawing that is most important to me. I really enjoyed Angel art because we got to relax and draw.


Our next activity was Waterside, Waterside was my favourite activity to do. At Marsden point they have a very long and fun to slide on. On the waterside we had to make ourselves slippery so we could go faster while we're sliding down the slide.


Archery was next and it was with Mr Wiseman, when we are shooting our arrows we have to make sure no one is near the target while we shoot, Mr Wiseman said that we had to wear a something on our arm just in case when we shoot the for the target the bow string or the puller would not hurt our risk.


Our last activity was the fire pit with Miss Flavaelle, The fire pit is just baking and we baked chocolate chip cookies. Miss Flavaelle said if we wanted to play with the pool table but we played with it after we baked the cookies. But then we were all too tired to play pool so we just sat and  had a few talks and a few naps.

It was now 4 o'clock and Mrs Tele’a asked if we could do the make up activity, Which meant if we wanted to do an activity we haven’t already done. So I went to the flying fox, the flying fox was really fun to go on because it was a nice view from afar.  Mr J said it’s easier to put your foot at the end of the wood put I just jumped off. I was going extremely fast I even hit the end, but while I was coming down I felt like I was flying like a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment