Monday 8 August 2016

Our People

elizabeth's new Term 2 movie from Team 4 Pes on Vimeo.
Our focus in the Senior school for Term 2  was looking at our waka and the significance of the journeys that our ancestors made and then what that means for us today. 
As part of our learning we first found out about the Waka of the House that we belong to. At Pt England each of our Houses have been named after some of the more memorable Waka and we started by looking at the purpose of waka, why the waka were important to the Pacific peoples and  the features of them. 

We then moved on to looking at the resources they would take with them to sustain them on their journey. What an amazing undertaking!! 
We then had to Create an animation that would show what our waka meant to us and what we learned about the navigators and voyagers. Learning about this was a whole new experience, My family of course  is a really important part of my life, and learning about this brought me closer and made me think more carefully about  my heritage and culture. 

We had a  Rubric with criteria which  helped to guide and focus our thinking around  what we needed to create. I created my images using Hyperstudio and put them into  iMovie… I also created this short movie which explains the elements of my Animation and shares our learning from this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment